Check for USB connections

Dear all, I have Debian Etch connected to a HP printer through an USB port but it is not recognized. A pair of months ago the printer worked perfectly, and I could see it using "lsusb" command. After that I disconnect the printer and now I connect it again to my Debian, but "lsusb" command doesn't show anything about USB connections.

The output fromn "lshw" command is this:

*-usb:0
           product: VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller
           vendor: VIA Technologies, Inc.
           physical id: 7.2
           bus info: pci@00:07.2
           version: 16
           width: 32 bits
           clock: 33MHz
           capabilities: uhci bus_master cap_list
           configuration: driver=uhci_hcd latency=32
           resources: ioport:c400-c41f irq:3
      *-usb:1
           product: VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller
           vendor: VIA Technologies, Inc.
           physical id: 7.3
           bus info: pci@00:07.3
           version: 16
           width: 32 bits
           clock: 33MHz
           capabilities: uhci bus_master cap_list
           configuration: driver=uhci_hcd latency=32
           resources: ioport:c800-c81f irq:3

How can I check where is my problem ???

Really thanks

alejandro.-