Re: Vanilla kernel and third party driver difficulties

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 10:09:50PM +0000, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm running etch, and for the sake of my notebook's ACPI, I'm running
> the the latest 2.6.21-rc4 kernel.  There are some third party drivers
> that I need, and since 2.6.21-rc3 module-assistant fails to compile any
> of them, and I get the same error accross the board:
>
> /usr/src/modules/rt2x00/rt2x00_compat.h:12:26: error: linux/config.h: No
> such file or directory
>
> which linux/config.h is it complaining about?  It doesn't give the whole
> path.

Under normal circumstances that should be /usr/include/linux which makes
me wonder what's going wronge since module-assistant depends on libc6-dev
which in turn depends on linux-kernel-headers.
Maybe you changed /usr/include/linux to a link pointing to a kernel source
which is now unavaible?

Sven
--
If you won't forgive me the rest of my life
Let me apologize while I'm still alive