Re: How to install PHP5 using aptitude?

I actually had tried installing it anyway but no go:

# aptitude install php5
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
No candidate version found for php5
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done

backport.org appears to be an ad site, but what are good things to add
to sources.list? My current is just the default:

# less /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.freenet.de/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

On 3/17/07, Thomas Jollans <thomas@jollans.com> wrote:
On Saturday 17 March 2007 20:44, Kelly Jones wrote:
> shows that all PHP5 packages are "virtual"-- they're only used to
> satisfy dependencies.

I'd just install the virtual packages and see whether it works.  They might
have dependencies on the actual PHP which mortals are unable to find.