Re: microphone

On 2007-03-17T13:07:04-0400, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> I'll try audacity, and look into getting a pre-amp for the line-in of
> the sound card.

We switched from a cheap condenser microphone plugged into the sound
card to a PreSonus TubePRE ($100) plus a Studio Projects C3 condenser
microphone and saw a big improvement in recording quality.

The PreSonus TubePRE has squeaky pods, and I find it irretating that you
have to yank the power cable to turn it off.  I do not have anything
really to compare it with but it rated well by others for sound quality
I assume.

The Studio Projects C3 is a solid product.  If you do not need
multi-pattern then C1 is cheaper but same quality.

/Allan