Re: ssh problems

Hello,

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> DHCP shows a table with 3 columns and two rows
>
> Host Name / IP Address / MAC Address
>
> with data for the two machines (IP address corresponds
> to "inet addr" as from "ifconfig", MAC Addess has the
> hexadecimals correctly, while Hostame is empty. I
> tried to put in the "hostame" of the two machines,
> though it was as write forbidden. I operated from
> Gnome/Iceweasel as user. Is that a problem of
> permission or should I look elsewhere in the router
> config?

Do not try to enter the host name. Look at the other administrative
pages. There should/may be a way to "fix" the IP address assigned to
a given MAC address.

Some explanation. When your machines first are connected to the
router they only have their MAC address. The router provides them
with the IP address. What we want is to make sure that the router
always provides MAC1 with IP1 and MAC2 with IP2.

Regards,

Kapil.