Re: ssh problems

Francesco Pietra wrote:
[snip]
with data for the two machines (IP address corresponds
to "inet addr" as from "ifconfig", MAC Addess has the
hexadecimals correctly, while Hostame is empty. I
tried to put in the "hostame" of the two machines,
though it was as write forbidden. I operated from
Gnome/Iceweasel as user. Is that a problem of
permission or should I look elsewhere in the router
config?

The Zyxel ADSL Router has an Admin page for it's DHCP server. In there you can set IP leases for given MAC addresses.
Set your IPs from that page.

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff.