Re: cheap LCD display

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 08:34:48PM +0100, Joe Hart wrote:
> Hans du Plooy wrote:
> > On Fri, March 16, 2007 16:37, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> >> Hello List,
> >>
> >> I am looking for a cheap (DVI ?) LCD display
> >> for my Etch boxes (macbook or macmini):
> >> any advice is more than wellcome !
> >

> AFAIK, there are no monitors that come close to the weight of an A4
> piece of paper.  While LCD monitors are much lighter than CRT, they're
> still a pain to lug around.  :)
>
> As for size, that could be a problem.  It's getting harder and harder to
> find small monitors.  15" LCDs are still to be had, but 17" is the norm
> and 19" and 21" have become common.

What about those small LCD screens they make aftermarket to hang over
the front seat-back so people in the back can watch movies or play
games?  Do they have a connection that would connect to the computer
either directly or with a converter?  The resolution is probably TV
grade but they're small and light.

Doug.