Re: Checkpoint firewall/VPN with debian

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 11:22:18AM +0100, Arnau wrote:
> Hi Philippe
> >>  In my company they have a checkpoint firewall, there is a software
> >>for windows, securemote, to connect to it and stablish a VPN. I'd like
> >>to do the same from my debian box. I have checked on checkpoint's site
> >>and the only thing related to linux is a quite old version for Red Hat
> >>I'm not sure it'll work. Any of you have tried to stablish a VPN from
> >>Debian/linux with a Checkpoint firewall?
> >>

> >I have it working in site-to-site mode not in roadwarrior mode like how
> >it works with Securemote/Secureclient.
>
>   I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean, which client or how
> do you connect?

Site-to-Site means two gateways establishing a connection. The two
gateways have fixed IP addresses.
I have this scenario working with Strongswan on a Linux gateway
connecting to a Checkpoint VPN-1.

Roadwarriors means a client with unknown IP connects to a gateway (the
Checkpoint in you case). I believe the authentication protocol used by
Checkpoint with Securemote/Secureclient is non-standard so I'm not sure
you can connect to it easily with an Open Source solution.

Philippe