Re: [Partial Solution] Re: Can't run shorewall with kernel 2.6.20.2

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:51:07 -0400
"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 10:28:04AM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:59:29 -0400

> > > What are the contents of /etc/shorewall/policy?
> > >

> > $FW	all	ACCEPT	-
> > net	$FW	DROP	info
> > all	all	DROP	info
> >
> > I then add specific incoming ports in /etc/shorewall/rules
> >
> And when you say "DNS requests from the firewall" you mean for actual
> applications running on the firewall box itself?  Not something else
> behind the firewall?

The firewall is running on a laptop connecting to a local gateway.

The was a problem pinging from the laptop to the gateway when the firewall was
up. I tried several reboots which didn't solve the problem, but seems to began
working now without me noticing, so I think I will accept the situation and not
try to fix what's not broken

Thanks for the help