Re: OT: Linux Interview Questions

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Daniel Graham Palmer wrote:

[snip]. I don't believe in "rules" but
instead "sensible explanations". People have this Slashdot mentality where
their solution is *the right way(TM)* whereby they instantly chastise anyone
that thinks differently. Frankly, if you're going to employ someone, do you
want the mindless idiot that parrots all the "rules" they read from some
ranting fool's blog or someone that has the capability to actually think and
develop a solution that is not only suitable but also sensible?

I agree completely - hence my snide reference to this thread as "Dilbert-esque." This kind of crap is easily lookable-up in google, an O'Reilly book, man, or info. It's far more important that an administrator understand the way the system works and why you might do one thing or another.

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Assistant Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
New Book: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/178592.ctl