console based cd burning (wodim and burn)

It appears that cdrecord package is ... deprecated in debain(?) I am trying to see what should I use to burn CD's from a terminal. This is on an Etch bases system with only icewm installed on it. I don't want to use nautilus cd burner and neither k3b, if I can help it.

How do wodim and burn compare for such a task? Any experiences with these utilities? I am trying to decide which one to start and keep using depending on its stability and features. And it would be great to have the option of burning audio cd's with text information (never been able to do so with k3b, even with checking the cd-text option).

->HS