Re: console based cd burning (wodim and burn)

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 11:53:44AM -0400, H.S. wrote:

> It appears that cdrecord package is ... deprecated in debain(?) I am
> trying to see what should I use to burn CD's from a terminal. This is on
> an Etch bases system with only icewm installed on it. I don't want to
> use nautilus cd burner and neither k3b, if I can help it.
>
> How do wodim and burn compare for such a task? Any experiences with
> these utilities? I am trying to decide which one to start and keep using
> depending on its stability and features. And it would be great to have
> the option of burning audio cd's with text information (never been able
> to do so with k3b, even with checking the cd-text option).

Most tools like k3b, nautilus and xcdroast are designed to be pretty
front-ends to cdrecord.  Due to licensing issues with cdrecord, some
Debian developers have created a fork called wodim.  My understanding is
that wodim is a drop-in replacement for cdrecord.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez