Re: Readable Bash Primer

On Thursday 15 March 2007 15:02, Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 02:57:53PM +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > That looks really good, just what I was looking for. A question though.
> > What do I type in the browser (Konqueror for example) to get it to
> > display?
> >
> > btw. I have installed it, but not sure how to access it.
>
> Open the file
>
> /usr/share/doc/abs-guide/html/index.html
>
> in your browser. I realize that this is in no way obvious.

True. I've only recently found the "man:bash" command to enter into the
browser to read, in that instance the bash manual in an easier way than on
the CLI.  I thought there might have been something similar for reading the
html docs.

> Sometimes when you're looking at a package and thinking
> "What the heck do I do with this?", your first step should
> be to look in /usr/share/doc/[package-name]. If that doesn't
> help, often the last step is to do

I've usually gone into /usr/share/doc, and opened individual html files in a
text editor, yet the correct way, as you've shown is so simple.

Thanks very much for the help.

Nigel.