RE: Sad...

> From: agianson@gmail.com
> Subject: Re: Sad...
>
> On Sat March 10 2007 11:30, agentace wrote:
> > I installed debian on a PowerEdge 850 flawlessly in October of 2005 using a
> > Testing NetInst CD. It's sad that the SATA support for this machine has
> > since been removed, as I'm now attempting to install debian on another
> > machine which is exactly the same (PowerEdge 850 bought at the same time as
> > the other) using the Sarge Installer and it tells me that no partitionable
> > media is detected.
>
> Something in the chipset must be different?

till today sarge never runs on a poweredge server. i asking myself, why the guys dont mix the testing-installer with sarge so sarge gets sata-support (dont tell me this won't work, it works). I have a modified sarge-netinst-iso but cause this is a inofficial version i don't use it for productive systems.

> > I'd love to use the Etch installer...if I could ever get it.
>
> I used the etch installer last night and it worked flawlessly. Why can't you
> get it?

kinda hard to find :) the webmaster of debian.org should add three tiny links: a) get stable (sarge) here, b) get testing (etch) here, c) get unstable (sid) here. each link directs to the first page of "get debian" for each version ... very simple but perhaps to difficult for them...dunno