Re: user defined mime types, source highlighting

Zoho Vignochi <zoho.vignochi@gmail.com>:
> > "gedit" support already Syntax Highlighting of Sourcecode and if the
> > syntax for those "octave" files is currently not supported, create a
> > new syntax file and put it into your config directory.
>
>  Yes, that's true but what I want is for gedit to automagically
>  recognizes the source file as an octave source file. I can turn on the
>  source highlighting myself no problem.
>
>  So I guess what I am really asking is what is the debian way of adding
>  mime types?

What's the Gnome/KDE/vim way of adding mime types so gedit will handle
them?  Dunno.  For me, MIME is mail.  ~/.mailcap, ~/mutt/mailcap, ...

Is (G){vim,edit} supposed to grok MIME?  I'll admit I'm confused.

Emacs?

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html