Re: Bug in acroread?

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 04:35 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
[snip]
> I agree. There is a tendency on the list to chastise topical questions
> with "google for it" while OT threads go on for ever. BTW the list's
> track record in actually answering and solving *topical* questions, in
> my opinion, is 'C'.

However, your grading of a "C" falls squarely on your ability to ask
full qualified and briefed questions that "we" understand. Your history
of questions isn't "all that and a bag of chips" you realize.

Now, I am not starting a fight here, just that smartly asked questions
and properly briefed ones at that (meaning all info needed to make an
assessment and proper determination of the actual problem) seem to be
your issue with the things you are doing.

You do have to admit, you are not doing "typical Debian User" stuff with
your setups. I know I am not.

I grade your topical question asking a "D" in some instances and at best
for initial questions a "B". Though you do ask "A" graded question on a
regular basis.

And no, Hugo, this is not really aimed at you, just that a swathing
grade like you just gave D-U needs a swathing back. It shows that many
need to ask smarter and more informative questions before we can answer
them.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup