Re: Woody on 486 problem

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:

[snip]

I have a 171 MB drive on a shelf set up as a rescue system I can plug in
if needed (since I can't boot from a CD or USB) that has a strong
text-only system.

[snip]

You almost surely can boot from a floppy disc. I recommend you to
get SBM (Smart Boot Manager). I use it to boot a 486 machine (actually
an AMD 586, but it's a 486 class machine) from CDROM for running
DSL on occasion.

http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/download.html

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.