Re: PayPal - Limited account access -

Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:
> You might consider forwarding them to
> abuse@where-ever-the-spam-originated.from
>
> To determine this, read the full header and/or use "whois". If the mail
> originates from a server located in a decent constitutional state, the
> owner of the server will take measures against users abusing the server.
> Depending on the laws within that country he/she might even be obliged
> to take measures to block that account.
>
> The owner of the forged sender's address (papal, Bank etc.) cannot take
> any measures themselves to stop mails with forged "From:"-headers.

That is a good measure... but paypal IS pretty diligent about following up
on spoofed URL's. I get at least a few emails a month from them identifying
abusive yi.org users... and they're usually accompanied by the same emails
from ebay. And they even have staff working on this stuff on weekends!

	Cheers,
		Tyler