Re: PayPal - Limited account access -

Joe Hart wrote:

[snip]

It wasn't necessary to quote the spam.

Now that's a good scam.  The only invalid link is the one that sends you
to the russian site where it most likely will collect your personal
information and then you'll have all sorts of trouble.  The PayPal links
are valid.

PayPal does not ever send e-mail to its members (customers? whatever).
When I get these (about once a week or so) I forward them with full
headers to spoof@paypal.com or abuse@paypal.com, I forget which.

I get them from Wells Fargo, Bank of America, etc. abount my "online
bank accounts", and I always forward them with full headers to abuse@
whatever.

Very strange.  I am glad I always read where the links are trying to
send me.  Another giveaway is that it comes to the list instead on the
inbox.  Glad I have filters going.

My heuristic filters put these things into my "junk" directory
in Thunderbird. I really like the way it shows the actual link.
AND I don't allow loading of images.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.