Re: PayPal - Limited account access -

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Joe Hart wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> PayPal does not ever send e-mail to its members (customers? whatever).
> When I get these (about once a week or so) I forward them with full
> headers to spoof@paypal.com or abuse@paypal.com, I forget which.
>
> I get them from Wells Fargo, Bank of America, etc. abount my "online
> bank accounts", and I always forward them with full headers to abuse@
> whatever.

You might consider forwarding them to
abuse@where-ever-the-spam-originated.from

To determine this, read the full header and/or use "whois". If the mail
originates from a server located in a decent constitutional state, the
owner of the server will take measures against users abusing the server.
Depending on the laws within that country he/she might even be obliged
to take measures to block that account.

The owner of the forged sender's address (papal, Bank etc.) cannot take
any measures themselves to stop mails with forged "From:"-headers.

Johannes