Re: authentication failure

semgogo sem wrote:
> I'am sorry for my English.
No need to apologize; my comment was not intended as criticism, but
rather as an indication that I wasn't understanding.

> My box worked fine a week ago. When I login using root last night, I
> type in wrong password more than 5 times. Now, I can log in using a
> second account I have set up only.

So now everything is okay?

Or, you can login as a non-root user, but not as a root user? And if so,
via ssh, or once you're in as a normal user via ssh and trying to use
su? I think you may need to be a bit more wordy, outlining more
precisely what does and does not work.

--
Kent West
http://kentwest.blogspot.com <http://kentwest.blogspot.com/>