Re: authentication failure

I can login as a non-root user, but not as a root user. I get message "Access denied" when longin using root via ssh. When I am in as a non-root user via ssh and trying to use
su, I get  message "su: authentication failure".

From: Kent West <westk@acu.edu>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: authentication failure
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:49:03 -0500

semgogo sem wrote:
> I'am sorry for my English.
No need to apologize; my comment was not intended as criticism, but
rather as an indication that I wasn't understanding.

> My box worked fine a week ago. When I login using root last night, I
> type in wrong password more than 5 times. Now, I can log in using a
> second account I have set up only.

So now everything is okay?

Or, you can login as a non-root user, but not as a root user? And if so,
via ssh, or once you're in as a normal user via ssh and trying to use
su? I think you may need to be a bit more wordy, outlining more
precisely what does and does not work.

--
Kent West
http://kentwest.blogspot.com <http://kentwest.blogspot.com/>