Re: Sad...

On 10.03.07 22:42, Ben Humpert wrote:
> Like i said, your client can't handle it correctly.

if it is NOT correctly formatted, nobody can correctly handle it.
> It should notice "oh,
> its HTML, lets rewrite it into plain text".

Invalid. Your e-mail contain plaintext part that is broken.

> You dont have to use the right
> software, just use intelligent software. Perhaps you insert a line break
> if you arrive the end of the window, i dont do this cause of im using a
> computer and not a typewriter! This is a "one line message", no line
> breaks inserted.

I (and as I see, many others too) don't care that braindead M$/msn/hotmail
people (and thus their software) think that plaintext messages can be
reformated and "useless" line breaks can be removed and inserted
whenever/wherever the clients wants. It is not true. The plaintext e-mail
has formatting defined on the sender side (to be able to do paragraphs,
tables etc), and it must NOT be reformated unless user does that explicitly
(as I was forced when replying to your e-mail). Lines in plaintext mail
should not be longer than 80 characters.

There is RFC2646 which defines flowed format for plaintext e-mail, which is
inteligent way to done this, it's fully backwards compatible and even can be
combined with plaintext formatting. It has the 80-characters-max rule too.

This is what M$ people should learn and follow, instead of breaking long
years of practice with plaintext messages.

> theoretical belief: Would you write in HTML just cause my client cant
> handle plain text? No, you wouldn't!

this is a sick example. read the above.
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.