Re: Debian on a 128MB USB flash drive

Stefan Monnier wrote:
I wanted a live Debian system on my USB key.
The Debian Live option is too static for my taste, I wanted a real live
system, upgradable via apt-get etc...

One option is to use a large enough USB drive and do a plain Debian install
on it.  But my USB drive is only 128MB so it was not possible.

I may be missing something, I don't understand the original problem.
From http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch02s05.html.en:

	2.5. Memory and Disk Space Requirements

	You must have at least 32MB of memory and 110MB of hard disk space.

That's a lot more than a few releases ago, but it still fits into your USB drive.