Re: Broken Package: tftpd-hpa

> > During my latest "apt-get update" on etch the package tftpd-hpa
> > became messed up. ... in.tftpdinvoke-rc.d: initscript tftpd-hpa,
> > action "stop" failed.
>
> you've got to figure out why this initscript is failing.

When I tried to manually start this daemon I saw no errors on the
console, but I saw the following in syslog:

in.tftpd[6669]: cannot bind to local socket: Address already in use

lsof -i showed that inetd was trying to handle this service.  So, I
killed inetd, and then the manual invocation of the initscript worked.
I then re-tried "apt-get --reinstall install tftpd-hpa," and all was
well.  I've now removed this service from /etc/inetd.conf, and my
machine is happy.

Thanks.