Re: Debian GUI

John C wrote:

Toshko wrote:
Hey John,
Thanks for replying to my email. I am currently not hooked up to the internet, and dont have the driver to connect my ethernet cable to my router.

Does that mean that you have broadband (cable,dsl) available through a router, but not a driver on your computer to talk to the router?

If so, the best way to load debian on your system would be to use the testing net-install cd-image. It will/should automagically make the connection for you assuming your router is using dhcp and your having a good day.

There is a detailed HOWTO for the Etch installer here:
http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/How_to_install_Debian_GNU/Linux_on_your_computer

--
Chris.