Re: ACL support via NFS

On 09/03/2007 15:20, Stephan Seitz wrote:

Hm, from my kernel config (2.6.20.1):

CONFIG_NFS_V3_ACL:
Implement the NFSv3 ACL protocol extension for manipulating POSIX
Access Control Lists.  The server should also be compiled with
the NFSv3 ACL protocol extension; see the CONFIG_NFSD_V3_ACL option.

So it may work with current kernels.

Indeed, it looks active in the config for Etch's 2.6.18-4-686 kernel I'm using. But I can't see how to make it work.

You could copy the archive on the fly, like

tar cpSf - . | ssh <remote> 'cd <target>; tar xpSf - '

I don’t know, if tar supports ACLs.

Unfortunately, it doesn't :(.

I also tried rsync, but again no ACLs were preserved.

--
Ciao,
  Marco.