Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Freddy Freeloader wrote:

> When an employee can sit in the library and read during the majority of
> their work day, and critical maintenance that they are personally
> responsible for such as cleaning out drip pans under refrigeration coils
> in the meat coolers for the kitchen that supplies the meals for all
> patients is neglected so long that pans with sides more than an inch
> tall were dripping water over the sides of the pan because of the mass
> of mold, slime and bacteria filling them, and the maintenance records
> report that the work was done faithfully every month for the past 5
> years, while the supervisors laugh about it, then the existing
> government run health system is thoroughly broken.

When I worked in security at Oregon Health Sciences University, I saw
similar stuff going on at the Portland Veteran's Administration Hospital.
And it turns out that the head of the veteran's hospitals is getting reamed
by congress over it thanks to Walter Reid.  VA is not typical of public
hospitals (and I feel sorry for anybody ignorant enough to think they are).
OHSU is run by the state, and it's a world-class research hospital.