Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On  7 Mar, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> judd@wadsworth.org wrote:
>
>>      More to the point, equating following the majority in an
>> enterprise that works for them (government health care) with jumping
>> off a bridge is rather foolish.
>
> Maybe it works someplace else, but in Romania I would rather stay home
> and try alternative/traditional medicine then risk going to a hospital.
>
> I could tell you a few horror stories ... Or if you like a good movie
> with subtitles: http://imdb.com/title/tt0456149/
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

     I don't doubt that.  No system is perfect.  I've heard horror
stories from the US also.  No doubt Canadians, Britons, etc. have them
also.  Romania's system may very well suck.

     My problem is people who make statements like "Our system is the
best because government is always inefficient", or "We have the best
system in the world", without actually looking at any data, or at best
relying on anecdotal evidence.

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                      judd@wadsworth.org   |