Re: Debian GUI

> Hi,
> I have just installed debian 3.1, and have all the 14 cds. however, i do  not know which one the GUI is on, and how to load the cds from the > text interface for that matter. Can you help me please?

> Thanks

> Toshko

There are several different choices of gui, some of which are likely already installed (if you chose the "install default desktop option" during the initial install.  To access the gui, which likely will be the default of Gnome, just enter, at the command line, "startx" (or perhaps the command is "start x" -- it's been a while for me -- try both if one fails.  Enter the command without the quotation marks.)

Mark