Re: efax-gtk faxing problem ***UPDATE***

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 02:15:10PM -0600, Johnny wrote:
Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 12:50:13PM -0600, Johnny wrote:
Hi
I am using efax-gtk -3.0.7
The distro that I am using is Ubuntu Dapper since I can't get any answers over there at the other list,
I thought I would try here.
I have the external modem on /dev/ttyS1
I sent a fax with no errors
The fax that I sent to has the same distro installed with a external modem on /dev/ttyS1 It receives the fax with no errors, using gv to view the fax, but I can't view the fax.
What do I need to do to fix this.

what does gv do when you try to view the fax? does it give you an
error message?
When I try to view the file there is no name for the file that was sent just a number format like 200703345.111 but not a file name format, when trying to
view It gives me a errors message in a yellow screen.

okay. what is the error? please be specific.

have you tried viewing it
in another viewer?
No

well, you might want to try that.

what file format is the fax saved in?

filename.ps (postscript)

okay, we're getting somewhere. other viewers for .ps files include
evince and kghostview (which is probably gv backend anyway).

This is a update
I just went over there to see why she can't view the Fax I sent her
boy that a long drive. everything is ok no errors it the way she was using efax-gtk
I gave her a quick tutorial of the program

THANKS for the help

Johnny