Re: Etch

s. keeling wrote:
Freddy Freeloader <fredddy@cableone.net>:
 Michael Pobega wrote:
On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 12:10:32PM +0100, pinniped wrote:
Well, your MUA is your responsibility - don't complain when it doesn't behave the way you want. The 'subject' is mutable so you should expect it to change in this forum.
I fully agree with that. The fact is that posting to a mailing list without quoting what you are replying to

ACK.

 and changing the name of the subject line is pretty dumb.  How is
 anyone supposed to know what, and who, the heck the responder
 replying to?

[Show full headers ...]  "References:"  ?

Sorry, the off-topic conversations on this mailing list aren't important enough for me to go out of my way to do that. It seems to me that it is nothing more than common courtesy to make sure that others know what a person is posting about, especially when that person is an internet veteran and well knows what the normal protocol is for communicating in this format. He(generic he) certainly wouldn't like it if people littered the forum in which he is highly involved in the manner in which he posts here. The fact that pinniped chooses not to follow the accepted norms for courtesy says quite a bit about him, at least imho....