Re: thunderbird: how to backup mailbox and restore quickly

[This message has also been posted to linux.debian.user.]
In article <7VFpb-3YM-35@gated-at.bofh.it>, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 11:31:34PM -0800, Cameron L. Spitzer wrote:
>> > A very large file in
>> > /var/mail was created instead. Any idea?
>>
>> That would be the default delivery.
>> Your procmail file should end with this
>>
>> :0
>> /dev/null
>>
>> to prevent that.
>
> Won't that lose mail if any recipe fails?

It would if this were procmail being used as a mail
delivery agent.
Here we are using formail and procmail together to
pluck individual messages out of an Inbox file.
The mail has already been delivered.  We're
sorting it post-delivery.

Cameron