Re: Where to put scripts

That depends. At least two alternatives exist depending on the number of user accounts on the system and who is to have access. If access is to be system-wide, /usr/local/bin is the place for these scripts. If a single user or group of users is to have access, then /home/user/bin/ is proper. Those two statements do not take into account version control. If you were using rcs I know very very old, you might have co put the checked out scripts into /usr/local/bin/ by default. Version control is really smart.