Re: DL140 G3 with stable

On 3/5/07, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 02:32:53PM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:

> Excuse me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know Sarge doesn't work with
> SATA disks. If you're using a SATA disk you'd be better off installing
> Etch, which will be the new Stable very soon.

In fact, Sarge does work with SATA disks (I have it running on two Tyan
servers with two SATA disks each), just not very many chipsets.  This
has to do with the age of the Sarge Installer kernel.

Regards,

-Roberto

Exactly. This is what I have learned after testing the different variants of Debian installers.

My Google-skills failed me when I tried to figure out how to produce a custom installer. Or actually, the standard installer using a brand spanking new kernel which will support the SATA-controller used on the DL140's.

Any ideas?

BR