Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 01:47:05AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Celejar wrote:
>

> > "Every" US military action since WWII has been a "utter failure" ? The
> > first Gulf war (incontrovertibly a resounding success, the argument
> > being over whether we should have gone further)
>
> Failrue, we had to go back a decade later to finish the job.

Yup.  You can blame that on your precious UN.  Bush's hands were
basically tied by a resolution that was written with language only
authorizing the liberation of Kuwait, when it should have called for the
ouster of Saddam Hussein.

> > , the Korean war (not a
> > victory, but hardly an utter failure),
>
> Failure, mission was not accomplished.

Ummm, the mission *was* accomplished.  The mission was to prevent the
annihilation of South Korea.  The UN couldn't push all the way north for
fear of real retaliation by China and the USSR.

> > the Afghanistan campaign,
>
> Failure, we've hired warlords to hunt warlords again.  Didn't we learn from
> working with bin Laden in the first place that you just can't trust
> warlords?
>
> > the efforts in the Balkans have been "utter failures" ?
>
> I'd hardly call any of the former Soviet-bloc stable.

Seriously, Paul.  What fantasy land to do you live in?

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez