Re: Two identical usb networking cards problem

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 04:34:37PM +0000, Wackojacko wrote:
> David Fokkema wrote:
> >It is irritating
> >to discover that linux does not log everything (as I always tell windows
> >users who're tracking down fathomable problems).
> >
> >David
> >

> Just had a quick look at /etc/udev/ and it may be worth uncommenting the
> log lines in some or all of the files here.
>
> e.g. the last line of hotplug.rules has an additional logging function,
> it may help you track down what happens when you insert the device which
> is not happening on boot?

Maybe you can try with the following rule, if the above
solution does not work :

SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo FOUND NETWORK
INTERFACE %k >/dev/console'"

I did not test it :p! But it might help.

--
Franck Joncourt
http://www.debian.org