Re: Two identical usb networking cards problem

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 15:37 +0000, Wackojacko wrote:
> David Fokkema wrote:
>

> > Still leaves me with one question: how do I figure out which
> > daemon/script brings up my interfaces at what time?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > David
> >

> /etc/init.d/networking is the script.  The order of the scripts is
> controlled by the order in which they appear in the relevant run level
> directory /etc/rc(runlevel).d.
>
> The SXXscript 'starts' the script KXXscript stops it.  These links are
> run in numerical order of the XX.

This script only runs 'ifup -a', as far as I can tell. Ifup won't log
which devices it upped. Furthermore, 'ifup -a' never ups my usb nets
eth1 and eth2 when I ssh in, down eth1 and eth2 and then issue 'ifup
-a'. However, one of them is always up when my system finishes booting.
How can that be?

David