Re: Firestarter VS Shorewall

On 3-mrt-2007, at 14:52, John Hasler wrote:

Jordi writes:
To have a good hardware firewall buy a good router-switch or a specific
hardware device.

To have a good hardware firewall buy a cheap used pc, install Linux on it,
and configure it as a router and firewall.
--
Or, if you like ease of use (great web based GUI) combined with powerfull functions out of the box, commit adultery and install m0n0wall (based on freebsd). Keeps me happy. I use an old pII with 64MB and 3 3com fast ethernet cards, wan up & download and heavy traffic between lan & DMZ runs flawless with the processor never getting above 30%.

Peter