Re: Firestarter VS Shorewall

Oh yes,

I will take all that is said in exam, and learn all to some degree.
But I have so much work on Java, php, and virtual reality modelling
languages, plus build the site, so I think I better build a simple
server, as strong as I can. But can't spend months or years learning,
I need to start developing just now.

So if you know some tool that may be useful for a server like mine,
that consist in  just one machine, running a Debian based OS
(Xubuntu), with a router with hardware firewall, please tell me. For
many months, maybe years, there will be no more servers nor dsl lines,
just 1 with 1 static ip.
So I just want software for THIS situation. In next months or years, I
will learn by the way, as I grow.
But just wanted to know a good solution for this little server: 1 dsl
line, 1 ip, 1 machine. No more.
And better: I can use this server directly, with the keyboard, as I
access to it with a KVM Switch. So don't need to manipulate it through
ssh or nothing for now.
I wonder if shorewall is for me like using a cannon to kill a flea.

Having this in mind, do you know a good and simple solution? I will
have much time to learn for future, it is just to have a start point.

Thanks for replying

Jordi