Re: Fonts from GDM?

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 09:57 +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> OK, try this. Create a file called .Xresources, containing the
> following line:
>
>     Xft.dpi: 75
>
> To the start of your .xsession file, add this line:
>
>     xrdb -merge .Xresources
>
> Finally, create a .xserverrc file with the following contents:
>
>     #!/bin/sh
>     exec $(which X) -br -dpi 75
>
> Then make the .xserverrc file executable:
>
>     chmod a+x .xserverrc
>
> Now, when you execute startx, it should give the same results as when
> you log in using GDM. Of course, feel free to experiment with the DPI
> value. Ideally it should match the physical DPI of your monitor.
>
> BTW, I think that the .xinitrc file is redundant when you have
> a .xsession file in Debian.
> --
> Liam

Oh my goodness, Liam, that worked perfectly :D (I got the -nolisten tcp
part to).
I don't know what the DPI of my monitor is, or how to tell. But the font
is smooth, not blurry, and comfortable on my eyes.

I suppose everyone should ignore my late-last-night post about
involving /etc/gtk

Thanks so much Liam and Andrew.
--
Matthew K Poer