Re: Java: Error occurred during initialization of VM

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 06:15:02PM -0800, Michael M. wrote:

> The other option would be to add unstable to your /etc/apt/sources.list,
> and installing via apt-get or aptitude (whatever you use).  You would
> need to include "non-free" in the source line, since Sun's Java packages
> come from the non-free repositories.  Just don't accidently upgrade your
> whole system, or you'll find yourself running Sid.

That last sentence is precisely why it is a bad idea.  I don't know
Gustavo's level expertise and without being sure that someone is
squarely out of the newbie phase and feels very comfortable mucking
aroung with dpkg if something breaks, running a mixed distribution is
not something I would recommend.

Regards,

-Roberto

--