Re: Java: Error occurred during initialization of VM

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 08:18:25PM +0200, gustavo halperin wrote:

> I have installed the last Jre, version 1.5-0-11. I installed it from the
> RPM. I mean I transform the RPM to deb using "allien" and then
> installing it with "dpkg -i".
> I'm also using the last stable mozilla for debian.
>
> Any idea what is my problem ??

Using alien is for then there is no other choice.  In this case, you
have lots of other choices.  I would recommend that you remove the JRE
you installed, you download the latest .bin (i.e., *not* the RPM) and
then use java-package to turn into a proper Debian package.

regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez