Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.1r5 booting process aborted during installation.

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 03:41:34PM +0900, KUMANOSUKE wrote:
> Dear Andrew,
[...]
> You're welcome.
> I'd like to reply to the list also from now on.
>

> The k7 kernel seems to have been installed automatically
> during the installation process.
> I've got "debian-31r5-i386-binary-1.iso" file from the
> debian mirror site and then copied it to CD-ROM.
> Then I have booted my PC by CD-ROM booting inserted this
> CD-ROM which copied "debian-31r5-i386-binary-1.iso".
> And I have installed Debian following the instruction on
> the display, at this time k7 kernel has been unpacked,
> copied and installed to my PC even if it is i386
> architecture.
>
> I've got "debian-31r5-i386-binary-1.iso" file from the
> following mirror site.
> http://ftp.tw.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r5/i386/iso-cd/

bott a live-cd (knoppix, whatever). mount your / filesystem

mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/temproot

chroot into that system

chroot /mnt/temproot

then install the proper kernel and reboot.

or! is the original kernel still there? if so, just boot that kernel
instead and then install the right kernel.