Re: Debian 4

On Monday 26 February 2007 17:19, Phil Walton wrote:
------------stuff snipped--------------------
> I accept all of that. My main point was how misleading it is to be
> publishing headlines about an "upcoming" release when clearly nothing of
> the sort exists.
----------------REPLY-----------------------
Here's the thing: you get what you pay for....& obviously when the distro ( &
all the work therein) is free, why would you complain. I have been at this a
long time & the drill is... cleanup as much as possible via bug squashing
parties: freeze the distro: do more clean up: let a bunch of us who ar
experienced get up the chops to migrate a few production systems over  { this
really get the bugs spotted}; do more clean up: release when us "testers"
quit bitchin about the bugs. This release is about a year earlier than I
expected & seems to be going VERY well. KUDOS to the developers..all of them!
--
John W. Foster