Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.1r5 booting process aborted during installation.

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 10:25:41AM +0900, KUMANOSUKE wrote:
> Dear Debian Guys
>
> I've tried to install Debian GNU/Linux 3.1r5 with install
> CD-ROM, but my PC doesn't reboot during the installation.
>
> After finished the primary installation process, I removed
> CD-ROM and tried to restart my PC.
> But the following message appears on the display and the
> Linux booting process seems to be aborted.
>  Booting 'Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.8-3-k7-smp '
>
> root  (hd0,0)
>  Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0x83
> kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8-3-k7-smp root=/dev/hda1 ro
>    [Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1400, size=0x1277ca]
> initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.8-3-k7-smp
>    [Linux-initrd @ 0x17b65000, 0x474000 bytes]
> savedefault
> boot
> Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
> I think that the kernel image should seem to be incorrect.
> It should be "kernel 2.6.8-3-386" not "kernel
> 2.6.8-3-k7-smp".

what kind of processor do you have? and how about some info on the
rest of the system while you're at it...

> Otherwise, the root partition might be incorrect. It
> seemed to be "/dev/hda1" from this message, but I think it
> should be "hd0".

hd0 is the way grub, the bootloader, refers to the disk. hda is the
way the kernel refers to the disk. so that's not a problem (unless
your root partition is actually on hda2 or hda3 -- different
partitions of disk hda).

> Could you please advise me for fixing it?

what does it do after its says "ok, booting the kernel"?