Re: old packages

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 09:59:09PM -0800, Petra Kabayo wrote:

Thanks! I just wanted to compare the MySql banners. The banner for -4sarge7 is 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge7. Need to verify if the banner for -4 would be something like 4.1.11-Debian_4. For vulnerability checking relying on banners.

Well, you could have just asked :-)

I frequently find that questions get posted, not related to the
goal, but rather to the means. It's the same problem as trying
to get engineers to write Requirements instead of Design Posing
as Requirements.

The thinking seems to be...

Hmm, I need to get to X. A way to do that is by doing Y. But,
I don't know how to do Y. I'll ask everyone how to do Y.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.