Re: Number of OT Posts

Steve Lamb wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:

Consider posting ON TOPIC.

    To be on topic one must first know what is off topic.  So, please, explain
given the often repeated purpose of the list, what exactly constitutes off
topic.  Remember, "Anything not related to Debian" doesn't count.

I'm not going to argue any further. The possible responses to
"please post messages which are more closely related to installing/
maintaining/using Debian" seem to me to be

(0) All the posts seem pretty interesting to me; I don't understand
why anyone wouldn't want to subscribe to a single mail echo which
covers any and every topic in the world, instead of subscribing
to multiple echoes which specialize in my particular interests.
(1) I'm not one of the ones who posts on abortion/religion/politics/
metaphysics on any sort of regular basis, so this doesn't apply to me;
I'll ignore it.
(2) I'm also finding harder to sift the useful information from the
dross, so I'll post a "me too" message.
(3) Oh, I've been doing that, I guess I'll restrain myself a little.
(4) Oh, I've been doing that a lot, I'll post an "I'm sorry".
(5) I'm a prick, and I post about whatever I want, so I'll post a
"FOAD".
(6) I'm a prick, and I post about whatever I want, so I'll attack
the ones who like to get useful information out of the list, and
tell them that there's something wrong with them, or with their
setup, or sth like that.
(7) I'm such a prick, that I'll just do as I please, I don't even
care enough to reply.
(8) I'm so clueless I don't even know I'm part of the problem.

There might be another or two.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.