Re: Number of OT Posts

Mike McCarty wrote:

> I'm as loathe
> as anyone to stifle any impetus to communicate here, but I'm
> beginning to wonder whether the amount of posting on religion/
> atheism, the price of gasoline, abortion, politics in general,
> and other such topics isn't beginning to make the S/N ratio bad. It's
> getting a little difficult to find the ON topic posts.

Actually for me the problem is that I pay by the amount of bandwidth that I
use. Believe it or not all these OT posts put together costs me money.

I think the best way to deal with this (in a band width efficient manner) is
to subscribe to this mailing list through gmane newsgroup interface and
then use knode -> Scoring -> Ignore thread. That way I do not even download
those posts.

hth
raju

--