Re: konqueror is slow

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 04:28:02PM -0800, Michael M. wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 14:01 -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> > > So links doesn't use IPV6 by default?  I had to completely disable IPV6
> > > to get anywhere with Debian (same with Ubuntu).  There's something funky
> > > about the way (at least some) Debian-based distros handle IPV6.
> > >

> > With all due respect to your situation, this seems pretty rare. I
> > can't remember it coming up on this list, which is not to say it
> > hasn't. Are you using IPv6 in some other fashion that might cause it
> > to be a problem for konquerer? It certainly doesn't seem to be a
> > problem for the general debian population.
>

> Well I'm not really using IPv6 at all.  I disabled it.  My ISP doesn't
> use IPv6.  When it was enabled, everything IPv6-aware that used http://
> would time-out, most of the time.  This was some months ago and at that
> time Konquerer was not IPv6-aware, so it worked fine.  But I'm not a KDE
> user, so that didn't really help me much.  Besides, I got awfully tired
> of having to ping everything first in order to get a connection.  I
> couldn't even issue an 'aptitude update' without first pinging the
> mirror -- 90% of the time it would time out before connecting.
> Likewise, the only way I could load a website in w3m was by using the
> no-IPv6 option; if I didn't specify that option, it would time-out and
> the website wouldn't load.  Firefox and Thunderbird were also unusable,
> until I disabled IPv6 for each in "about:config."

huh. so you were using ipv6 and then disabled it and in the meantime
konq became ipv6 aware and now it needs to have its ipv6 awareness
disabled manually? is that the situation? if so this soudns like a bug
as IMHO there should be a system wide config for this and konq , along
with others, should respect that.

my .02 about something which I know less than little.